The perfect garden setting for your wedding
The Kefalonia Luxury Retreat is situated in the “Garden Area” of Waikanae on the Kapiti Coast. The sprawling lawns, gardens and stunning high trees create a romantic setting for a special ceremony and grand outdoor celebration.
Inside, a spacious lounge and dining room are enhanced with garden views and illuminated by natural light and provides an impressive setting for each couple to create their own special reception.
This venue is unique in that it is able to accommodate small intimate weddings as well as larger celebrations. Please note that any outdoors setting is limited to a maximum of ninety (90) guests including the Bridal Party. Indoors is limited to a maximum of forty (40).
Inside the family lounge and dining room are suitable for smaller weddings. Leather couches and wooden furniture are introduced to create a cosy and intimate setting. Tables and dressings, crockery, glasses etc. can also be supplied at cost.
The Retreat contains a large kitchen making catering easy and a double refrigerator/freezer so the party can supply their own refreshments, food etc. The double garage also has double ovens, microwave, fridge/freezers, freezer, hot and boiling water facilities for caterer’s usage.
A spacious marquee (November – April only) can be erected on the lawn to provide a festive outdoor setting. Its size and provision of a floor as a pre-requisite, is subject to the Retreat’s prior approval. Additional charges for attendance and access may apply.
The Retreat has five guest rooms to handle overnight accommodation for up to 11 guests in the main house, with “the loft” over the triple garage giving open-plan sleeping arrangement for an additional four guests.
Upstairs, in the main house, there are five bedrooms. These have a super king double, queen double, double and twin king singles in each of the two other bedrooms, respectively. The master bedroom has a walk-in wardrobe area and ensuite with bath, shower, vanity and toilet.
A separate bathroom with shower, bath and vanity is provided for the other bedrooms’ guests. Separate toilets are available upstairs and downstairs in the main house.
Plus there are additional toilet facilities in the garage and a shower in the laundry for those coming in from having a swim in the pool.
Wedding prices through to May 2020
Amenities excluding accommodation
|$1,750||Exclusive Retreat venue rental for sole use of property grounds only for a one-day wedding ceremony and photographs only. Property (between the hours of 9.00am to 4.30pm). All other services are the bridal party’s responsibility to provide and are subject to prior approval by the Retreat.|
Exclusive Retreat venue rental for exclusive use of property (9.00am to 9.30pm), including access to living/dining rooms, kitchen and toilets for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday wedding. Marquee and other services are the bridal party’s responsibility to provide and are subject to prior approval by the Retreat. (Note: Additional charges for attendance and access may apply.)
|$200||The additiona use of the master bedroom by the bridal party to prepare for the wedding ceremony and for photographic opportunities during preparation.|
Wedding packages including accommodation
Packages including accommodation (self catering/self servicing)
|$4,150||Exclusive use of property and Retreat for the wedding ceremony and reception any day Monday - Thursday: Plus two nights’ accommodation for up to 15 guests.|
Exclusive use of property and Retreat for the wedding ceremony and reception on either Friday – Saturday or Saturday - Sunday: Plus two nights’ accommodation for up to 15 guests.
|$5,290||Exclusive use of property and Retreat for the wedding ceremony and reception on either Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Plus three nights’ accommodation for up to 15 guests.|
|$1,450||Additional per night accommodation for up to 15 guests (Available Monday – Thursday).|
Prices are inclusive of GST.
Other individual specific requests will be considered and costed.
Guests being accommodated have the full use of the venue facilities including the tennis court and equipment, heated swimming pool, (pool is heated 1st November to 31st March) golf clubs, pool table, bicycles, Sky TV (4), and wireless Internet access.
- Retreat rentals quoted allow these approximate availability timings - Arrivals from 2.00pm on the day preceding the Wedding (or 9.00am if for a Wedding excluding Accommodation), to departures the day after the Wedding with booked accommodation period to be on or before 11.00am. Other times may be available subject to prior agreement.
- Should you wish to invite visitors other than guests being accommodated, say for a BBQ or get together on days other than the Wedding Day, additional costs will apply. Prior approval must be obtained from the management.
- We are required to respect the neighbours’ privacy. Any evening function held outdoors must conclude by 9.30 pm and noise levels to be kept to a minimum at all times. The use of the tennis court and pool is not permitted between 9.30pm and 8.00am.
- No Smoking indoors. Outside, ashtrays must be used.
- The use of rice or paper confetti is not permitted anywhere on the property.
- If a Marquee is to be erected and dismantled afterwards, these times are normally outside the Wedding Day, extra attendance is required to provide access and identification of underground services. A charge of $175 is made for these services.
Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions apply equally to these proposals. View or download a full list of terms and conditions. We ask you to specifically note the requirements of children using the Pool.